The Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR-USA) is part of a global network of 50 branches, groups, and affiliates, with a national base of more than 80 chapters, faith allies, and grassroots affiliates. s an interfaith organization, FOR-USA’s mission is to organize, train, and grow a diverse movement of people of conscience committed to using the transformative power of nonviolence to create peace, end structures of violence and war, and build the beloved community. Our work is typically done in coalition with trusted partners — locally, nationally, and globally — as we advocate, organize, and mobilize to end structural violence and achieve our ambitious goals. https://forusa.org
We are looking for a part-time social media specialist to be responsible for planning, and implementing FOR-USA’s social media strategy to tell our story and promote our mission.
FOR-USA’s social media specialist would be expected to:
- Schedule Tweets and Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn posts to FOR’s social media accounts
- Monitor and respond to FOR-USA social media events and direct messages and direct them to appropriate FOR-USA team members when appropriate
- Follow and lift up applicable FOR-USA team and coalition partners’ social media accounts
- Create and/or obtain from FOR-team members graphics and videos for social media
- Promote FOR-USA events and campaigns on social media
- Alignment with FOR-USA’s mission of nonviolence as a prophetic practice to create a world an anti-racist, equitable, peaceful, and just world where human rights and human needs are front and center.
- Awareness of and opposition to systems of structural racism and violence
- Familiarity with Canva or Photoshop for creating and editing graphics
- Imaginative, self-motivated and able to help us grow our social media profile and network
Ideally, FOR-USA’s social media specialist will have:
- Awareness of and relationships with domestic and international organizations and networks that promote work for peace and justice through similar avenues as FOR-USA
This is a 3-month consultancy contract for 20 hours per week at $20/hour with the potential for renewal.
The Fellowship of Reconciliation is committed to achieving a hiring policy that reflects the diversity of society, including a broad representation of race, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religious identity, gender, gender identity and expression, and social and economic backgrounds. To achieve these goals, FOR takes affirmative action to give priority to the recruitment and placement of qualified persons from underrepresented groups.
To apply, send a resume, cover letter, and some sample social media posts and tweets to firstname.lastname@example.org