The Fellowship of Reconciliation is seeking candidates to fill the ¾-time position of Director of Operations. The Director of Operations (DOO) supports the work of FOR-USA out of the New York headquarters. The DOO ensures that daily operations are running smoothly, including management of property and facilities, human resources, banking, and technological systems.
The Director of Operations will also play a lead role in facilitating the move of FOR Operations from the current headquarters location in Nyack to a new location in Rockland County in the early part of 2018.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the Executive Director (ED) informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Acts as on-site lead in New York office.
- Manage property and facilities, human resources, IT and banking.
- Advise the ED, Controller, and members of the National Council as needed on daily and big picture operational issues. Communicate critical operational issues.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, and efficient practices.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements related to property and human resources are followed and up to date.
- Negotiate and manage all contracts with vendors and insurance
- Monitor and order office supplies and equipment
- Support the ED and Controller in planning and implementing the annual budget and audit process.
- Prepare and make bank deposits 1-2 times per week.
- Review and approve all expenditures prior to payment.
- Review all paper revenue streams to ensure proper coding.
- Oversee all gift processing and acknowledgements.
- Primary point person for recruiting vacancies and onboarding new employees.
- Manager for benefits programs.
- Maintain personnel files in confidential manner.
- Maintain and assess the effectiveness or relative obsolescence of technological systems. Work with consultants and other staff to insure that IT systems are up-to-date, integrated and efficient.
- Coordinate the maintenance of information technology systems.
- Oversee move from office server to cloud based paradigm.
- Ensure that general and capital maintenance is addressed
- Develop and ensure compliance with policy and practice related to facility
- Primary contact for tenants and short term renters. Follow up all delinquent accounts.
Team Supervision and Development
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values integrity, learning, collaboration and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals. Support staff development and process salary adjustments as set by the ED and National Council.
Program Intern Supervision and Development
- Update job descriptions annually, advertise, recruit, interview and hire interns.
- Supervise summer intern cohort.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a senior operations management.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Entrepreneurial team player who is flexible and can remain non-anxious in a fast paced, responsive environment.
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, FOR’s National Council, and staff.
- Passion for FOR’s mission.
- 30 hours per week.
- Supervises: Property Manager, Development Associate, Advancement Associate, Summer Interns
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary and Benefits: Salary is $40,000. Benefits include generous paid vacation, sick, personal days, and designated holidays, and pension plan. FOR USA provides health insurance, with employee contribution of 30% of premium.
Please email a resume, cover letter and three references to:
Max Hess, Interim Executive Director
Fellowship of Reconciliation
521 N. Broadway
Nyack, NY 10960
Be sure to include “Director of Operations” in the subject line of your email.
FOR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Peoples of color and of diverse gender identities are strongly encouraged to apply.