The Fellowship of Reconciliation (FOR USA), founded in 1915, is the oldest interfaith peace and justice organization in North America. With chapters and national staff located throughout the United States and headquarters in Nyack, New York, FOR-USA is part of an international FOR network with branches in more than 40 countries. As an interfaith organization, FOR-USA’s mission is to organize, train, and grow a diverse movement that welcomes all people of conscience to end structures of violence and war, and create peace through the transformative power of nonviolence.
TITLE OF POSITION:
Director of Operations (Part Time, 20 hours/week)
The Director of Operations (DOO) supports the work of FOR-USA out of the New York headquarters. The DOO ensures that daily operations are running smoothly, including management of property and facilities, human resources, banking and technological systems.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping the ED informed of all critical issues.
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary, particularly in banking and lease negotiations.
- Acts as on-site lead in New York office.
- Manage property and facilities, human resources, IT and banking.
- Advise the ED, Controller and members of the National Council on daily and big picture operational issues. Effectively communicate and present critical operational issues.
- Upgrade and implement an appropriate system of policies, internal controls, and efficient practices.
- Regularly maintain and assess the effectiveness or relative obsolescence of technological systems. Work with consultants and other staff to insure that IT systems are up-to-date, integrated and efficient.
- Support the ED and Controller in planning, coordinating, and executing the annual budget and audit process.
- Insure that all regulatory requirements related to property and human resources are followed and up to date.
- Oversee consolidation of subsidiary 501c3s with main unit.
- Produce Annual Report and other reports for ED and NC
- Primary point person for recruiting vacancies and onboarding new employees
- Manager for pension program
- Maintain personnel files in confidential manner
- Utilize and support a wide variety of volunteers
- Coordinates the maintenance information technology systems
- Oversees move from office server to cloud based paradigm
- Experience with cloud based systems and video conferencing using such as applications as Zoom, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Supervise On Site Property Manager
- Insure that general and capital maintenance is addressed
- Develop and insure compliance with policy and practice related to facility
- Act as on-site lead for real estate preparation and sale
Team Supervision and Development
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values integrity, learning, collaboration and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Business, Management, Human Resources or similar degree
- Minimum 8 years experience in a senior management role, proven track record of success
- Experience managing IT systems
- Experience either as an employee or board member of a nonprofit organization; must be familiar with nonprofit process and structure
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Self reliant, good problem solver, results-oriented
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Passion for FOR’s mission
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Competitive salary with benefits including generous paid vacation, sick, personal days, and designated holidays, and pension plan. FOR USA provides health insurance, with employee contribution of 30% of premium.
Please email a resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be considered as they are received.
FOR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.